Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Hire
You may view our Conditions of Hire here.
When making a booking we use SSL connections to secure your data. Our Secure Sockets Layer software (SSL) encrypts all of your personal information, including your credit or debit card number, name and address, which means that your details cannot be read as the information travels over the internet.
We collect information or “data” about you when you use this website, visit our sites, use our public WiFi, enter our competitions, book a holiday with us, or interact with us via social media:
- Questions, queries, comments or feedback you leave if you send an email to us or submit a contact form on our website.
- Your IP address, the web browser you have used, and details such as the make and model of the device you have used to access the website.
- Your address if you make an order or request us to send you a brochure or other correspondence via post.
- Your email address if you interact with any of the forms on our website, including newsletter sign up, brochure requests and contact forms.
- Any preferences / options you have set on our website.
- The names and addresses of any additional members of your party when making a booking.
- Any additional information you submit to us when making a booking.
- Logging into our public WiFi.
- Entering a competition online or at a show.
We collect this data so that we can:
- Improve our website and marketing campaigns by monitoring how the website is used.
- Respond to any contact.
- Send you a brochure.
- Process a transaction / make a booking.
- Provide you with assistance if required.
Where your data is stored
Your data is stored on our Servers in the UK.
If you make a booking or enquiry with us your data is also stored on our booking system server. Which is managed and maintained by our booking system provider.
We do not store credit card or debit card information; this is passed directly from you directly to our payment provider who process the transaction.
We may transmit your data to other companies who provide us with services that enable us to provide our services. Such as marketing agencies hosting companies that host our website(s) and servers. These companies may store copies of your data on their own servers which may be located anywhere in the world.
By submitting your personal data and using the website you agree to this.
How we use your data:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide our services.
- To send you marketing messages, including personalisation of these messages to send you relevant content. Where you have opted into this service.
- To send you postal marketing materials, such as brochures and letters where you have not opted out of this service.
- To analyse and improve our products and services.
- We may send your data to trusted third-party companies, such as marketing agencies, for consumer analysis.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting data over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We may transmit your data (such as your email address, address, name, etc.) to our email marketing service provider, website hosting companies, mailing houses to send you a brochure, analytics providers such as Google.
We may download to or view your data on Richardsons Leisure Ltd computers and devices from time to time. These devices are all password protected. We may also transmit your data between Richardsons Leisure Ltd computer systems using standard data transmitting techniques.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.
You can find out what information we hold about you and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you would like to find out or update the information we hold about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01692 581081. We reserve the right to charge a £10 administration fee to collate and send you this information.
You also have the right to opt out of marketing and ask us not to use your data or to ask us to delete your data, if you would like to make this request please contact us at email@example.com or on 01692 581081.
Links to other websites
Richardsons Leisure Limited reserve the right to review and update this policy.
This website puts small files, known as cookies, onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the website.
Cookies are used to:
- Measure how you use the website so the website and marketing campaigns can be updated and improved.
- Remember notifications you have seen so you do not see them every time you have seen the website.
- Remember preferences and searches parameters you have set to enable the search and compare functions on our website.
You will see a message on our website the first time we put cookies onto your computer.
The cookies we use:
Wp-settings-time-2 , Wp-settings-time-1, Wp-settings-2 , Wp-settings-1
These cookies are all used to define user settings for the software that runs our website. They simply detect if you are a register logged in user and use the settings contained within to alter the interface shown. (These cookies expire after 2 weeks).
Google / Universal Analytics cookies
_ga This helps us count how many people visit the website by tracking if you have visited before (expires 2 years)
_gat This is used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made (expires 10 minutes)
_utmz – This tells us how you have reached the website. (expires 6 months)
_utmt – This tells us what type of request you made of the website. (expires 2 years)
_utmc – This calculates when you close the browser. (expires when you close your browser)
_utmb – This calculates the time you spend on the website. (expires 30 minutes)
_utma This cookie works in the same way as _ga. (expires 2 years)
We also use google advertising cookies (_gads) to collect data about website traffic. We do not facilitate the merging of any personally identifiable data with data collected for Google Analytics purposes.
To find out more about the types of cookies we enable google to place on our website please visit: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/.
For more information, see the Google Analytics cookie statement. (https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies)
The session cookie
session – This cookie enables us to keep track of searches you have made and filters you have set whilst browsing the website. This cookie is required to use the search and compare functionality of this website.
Facebook Cover Image Competition Voucher
This voucher can be used as part or full payment for a holiday booked direct (via telephone) with Richardson’s Group. It can also be used at Richardson’s Family Entertainment Centre.
No photocopies accepted. No change given against this voucher. Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash. Booking terms and conditions apply.
Please note that any photographs entered for the competition may be used in our marketing material.
We have taken care to ensure accuracy of our website. However, information and prices may have changed by the time you book. There may be small differences between the actual boat or other services and their description as we are always trying to improve services and facilities. We will endeavor to notify you of any material change or inaccuracy of which we are aware as soon as reasonably practical.