It can be hard to know what to pack for a boating holiday – especially if it’s your first time. Here at Richardson’s Boating Holidays we have 70 years’ experience helping visitors enjoy the Norfolk Broads, plus a fleet of over 200 cruisers to choose from, so we know what to pack (and what not to pack!) Read on for some ideas on what to bring on holiday.
What to Pack for a Boating Holiday
We want you to have the best holiday possible at Richardson’s Boating Holidays – so if you remember these important things when you first arrive with us, the rest of your stay in the beautiful Broads National Park will be a breeze!
- Booking Paperwork
- First Aid supplies
- 12v adapters (for charging electronic devices, like the one in your car!)
Whilst the Broads National Park has plenty of things to see, do and get involved with, there may be times on your holiday where you fancy a night in, or want to sit out in the sunshine on a long stretch to the next destination. Here are a few things to consider taking with you:
- Personal entertainment – all of our boats are fitted with DVD players, so bring plenty of those! Also consider card and board games – great for family time!
- Clothes – all of our boats are fitted with heating systems. Even so, it might be a wise idea to bring waterproof and warm clothes so you can still explore the Broads when the weather isn’t the best. Don’t forget going-out clothes, too, if you fancy eating out a few nights!
- Food – we recommend bringing some food with you, although please remember our fridges are smaller than your one at home! There’s a Tesco a couple of minutes down the road from our Stalham Marina if you fancy stocking up before leaving.
- Bathroom things – you’ll need toilet roll and toiletries, as well as towels if holidaying on one of our classic craft. Cleaning supplies are also recommended for longer stays.
- Bringing the dog? Then don’t forget all their bits and pieces, such as leads for when dogs are not permitted to be lose, and toys to keep them entertained on board. A pet buoyancy aid would also be a wise idea. We do provide these at our Stalham Marina free of charge*, but we also recommend bringing your own to ensure the best fit for your pup!
With our 70 years’ experience helping visitors enjoy the Broads, there are optional extras we can provide** so you can get the most out of your Richardson’s Boating Holiday!
Why not bring some binoculars with you so you can spot some of Norfolk’s rare wildlife on your way between different destinations? Plus, to save space, bring soft bags rather than hard-shell suitcases – they’ll be easier to store this way!
Our boats are not compatible with high powered hair driers or straighteners, so please leave these at home. We can provide compatible hair driers at reception free of charge* – please ask!