Customers’ Top Ten Boating Holiday Recommendations
Richardson’s Facebook fans’ top 10 insider recommendations for your boating holiday! Read on for boating holiday recommendations.
1) Moor at the picturesque Salhouse Broad and enjoy a stroll to nearby Woodbastwick “to enjoy good food and real ale” at the Fur and Feather Inn. The Woodforde’s brewery shop is also next door to stock up on ales for the boat!
2) Take a cruise across Barton Broad to Neatishead to visit the village’s community shop and cafe (opened in the past year) and the delightfully refurbished White Horse Inn that has rapidly earned a reputation for great ales and fresh, locally-sourced food.
3) Lots of holiday makers never make it as far as Norwich – which is a pity. Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery is a real jewel of Norfolk. And there is loads more to enjoy in the city, including shopping.
4) One of our contributors says: “We love to go to Beccles” and anyone who makes it up the River Waveney is sure to agree. The Waveney Valley scenery en route is fantastic and Beccles Quay is a wonderful relaxed place to moor. Then you can browse around the town with its many independent shops.
5) Another customer recommends a cruise up the River Bure to Coltishall – “the stretch from Wroxham to Coltishall is so pretty” – but advises people to pick up their sausages, steak and black pudding from Massingham Bros butchers on Station Road before they go.
6) One Broads veteran makes the simple point: “Just chill out and enjoy the scenery” and that really is good advice. Some people find it difficult to slow down as the pace of their every day life is so hectic.
7) Try fishing (even if you have never done it before). One holidaymaker says he has a great time fishing with the grandkids while another is convinced “there must be a monster in there with MY name on it”.
8) To really wind down enjoy “a day moored at Ludham watching the world go by and chatting, then a stroll up to the village for meal at the King’s Arms and a nice glass or two of vino, lovely”.
9) Advice to all those who take their four-legged friends with them: “We always have to go to Oulton Broad… squirrel haven for the dogs at Everett Park.” We would add that is is not just your canine friends who will love it. Like Beccles it’s great mooring and there are stacks of places to eat.
10) Who can resist this one! “We always have to stop at Potter Heigham for a cream cake from the bakery in Lathams.”