Temporary Closure

Last updated 09:23, 14/05/2020

Temporary Closure

We are very sorry that to announce that, in light of social distancing, the UK Government’s advice to complete essential travel only and the most recent advice not to travel to second homes or holidays, we will not be able provide your break as previously planned.

The most recent advice is as follows:

“This guidance is for people planning to visit second homes or holiday premises during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People should remain in their primary residence. Not taking these steps puts additional pressure on communities and services that are already at risk.”

Taking into consideration the UK Government’s latest advice regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have taken the decision to close Richardson’s Boating Holidays effective immediately. As always, the safety and health of our team and guests is one of our top priorities and we have taken this difficult decision in support of the UK Government recommendations. We know this will be very disappointing for lots of our guests, and we assure you that this decision has not been taken lightly.

For the most up to date information on affected bookings, please click here.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this. We understand that our guests look forward to their well-deserved holidays with us, and it is upsetting to all of us here at Richardson’s that we won’t be able to welcome you to the Broads National Park as planned. Each year we look forward to the start of the season and we wish that we were writing to you under happier conditions.

Please be aware we are not currently taking bookings which begin before 28th June 2020.

What’s Next?

We will give you the option to either:

  • Move your break to another date this year
  • Keep your current balance as a credit towards a different holiday in the future
  • Cancel your booking completely and receive a refund

We sincerely hope that you will rearrange your break with us as we love welcoming our guests, however we do understand this may not be possible for some parties.

When Will I Hear From You?

If you would like a transfer, please see our Latest Booking Updates.

If you’d prefer not to transfer, we will contact you 3 days prior to your arrival to let you know if we cannot provide your holiday as planned. Refunds can only be processed on your planned day of arrival.

Please do not contact us in regards to a refund. We are only dealing with transfers at this time.

More Information

If your holiday is not affected by the above time period, we do kindly ask for your patience whilst we await further Government updates, and advise you keep an eye on our website.

We understand this is upsetting and disappointing news for our guests, and we do extend our sincerest apologies. However, the safety and well-being of both our guests and our team remain an important priority for us and this is not a decision we have taken lightly.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies that we have needed to take this decision.

Private Berth Holders

We are now in a position to reopen to Private Berth Holders on 20th May 2020 – please ensure you click here and read the full update before visiting.

Scroll To Top